Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Workforce Asses Strike Again

Just in time for me to get over the wonderfully rude experience that is Workforce 1 in Jamaica, Queens I received a call yesterday.

A nice, yuppie sounding, young man had just called to remind me that my interview with Whole Foods was scheduled for the next day at 1pm.

Oh, really? No one told me that. He asked if I had my referral ticket.

The poor guy got an earful about how I was told off by some ghetto trash. How everyone there was really rude and unhelpful. How I didn't sign up knowing I was going to have to go back. How I'm a smart person who was just trying to be proactive and I don't deserve to be treated like that.

He seemed quite surprised by it all, is probably just the guy who got stuck making reminder calls, he doesn't even work in the same Jamaica office. I told him that I didn't mean to go off on him but that I had to share that it's really sad that people who are teaching others on how to be 'professional' are actually extremely lacking in professional behavior. I told him to have a nice day, if he knows anyone who should know about my experience to feel free to mention my opinion, and to go ahead a check my name off his list.

I spent the rest of the night and the next day pissed off that I was missing any sort of job opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... if you are still interested in working for Whole Foods and are still looking for work I suggest you fill out the application online, if you haven't already done so... and contact the store you would like to work at- letting them know that you've filled out an application. I work at the one at Houston and Bowery, and i think you'd be a great addition to our Team.