Saturday, November 29, 2008

Free Writing

Hello friends. If you've been a dedicated checker-of-the-blog, I thank you. Obviously I haven't written in a very long time. I felt that I didn't have much going on and I had nothing much but whining to dish. While me whining is nothing new I try to keep it to a minimum in order to keep ya'll happy. Maybe I fail at that mission but maybe I don't!

So I decided to just drop in and say what's up with me.

Some of you know that the month began with me becoming engaged. In a way it's nice to see a relationship develop. It's totally like a promotion from Mark. 'Congrats on being a wonderful mate, you move up to the next phase!' Of course many people have wonderfully happy long-term relationships that never become 'engagements' so all this is my personal take on my relationship.
The proposal was a total surprise which I think is my favorite part of all this. No, I didn't see it coming. No, we didn't go on a vacation where all I could think is "This is it!" (not that I'm that kind of girl anyway). No, it wasn't a Christmas or Valentine's proposal (Thank God!). In a way the election of Barack Obama will always be the "when did he propose" reminder.

We quickly went to stores to get my finger sized because the size 5 ring was much to big. After learning I'm a size 4 we sent away the ring and we were told it would take about 8 weeks to get it resized. I said goodbye to my ring "see you in January!". True to their excellent customer service (and unbeknownst to me) Blue Nile, our jeweler, had my ring back in exactly one week. Which means Mark not only surprised me once with a ring but twice! That guy is good!

Other than that, November has been pretty standard. I'm not in love with my job but some days are okay. Some days I think that the kiddies are just the cutest things in the world. I'm more just nervous of where to go from here. I still don't know what I like, what someone would hire me for,what I can stick with.

I'm grumpy about the time change. It's already dark by the time I (and thousands) get off of work. Which means my after-work walks through the trees are cancelled until further notice.

Have you seen the new Go-Phone ad with Steve Buscemi as the voice of a gingerbread dad repairing his gingerbread house? Awesomely funny.

Thanksgiving Dinner at the Uncle and Aunt's house was tasty. My highlight? The latest addition to our family is now 2 years old and he's a cutie.


My introduction to the world of Yoga is going well. My Saturday class is pretty much done. It was really basic but it gave me something to do. The teacher told me she has another class on Tuesdays and Thursdays which I didn't know about, it was never advertised. I wonder if it's like an invite only type of thing since all the students know her well.
So I registered and attended, not wanting to lose my rhythm of having any physical activity. It's intense! Nothing like my Saturday class which is filled with some Senior-types. I loved it even though it leaves me with a rushed feeling all day, having to get home quickly to walk the dog, eat, and change before class. And then when I get back from class it's pretty much bed time!

While the positions are challenging I really like it. The "challenge" I don't love is my right wrist. It's so damaged from time at the computer and using a mouse that it's really weak and I have trouble supporting my weight doing some poses. A huge bummer since I'm only in my twenties!

I'm having trouble getting into any reading. I haven't finished a few books I started and nothing is really catching my interest. I'll have to do some big shopping at the library. I'll need a good read for my holiday break coming up. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

'Til Later.

2 comments:

bffive said...

Anything by David Sedaris...well not "Barrel Fever", but anything else. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" especially.

Anonymous said...

holy crap! i'm one of those people who did not know you were engaged, because i am clearly a bad friend. but congrats, that's awesome.