Monday, December 20, 2010

Odds & Ends

Don't complain to me about how you have no money. I mean, can you be any more tacky? I just spent my evening in your lovely 2-bedroom apartment with a sunken living room feeding, bathing, and putting your kids to bed so you can throw me some cash so I can put food on the table. And you sit there complaining you're broke while you take off your designer coat, sit in your designer dress, remove you fancy high heels that you bought earlier that week, and say thanks for working until midnight while me and my husband attend our annual soiree that we throw every year at a lovely Manhattan location. Oh, by the way, my husband will drive you home in our luxury car. Good Night!
*Fantasize about stabbing in the throat here*

+++++++++++++++++++++++

My parrot sucks. He's yelling at epic volume even though he got more quiche this morning for breakfast than I did. Sometimes I just want to let him fly out the window. It's just so hard to keep my already fragile state of mind set to calm when he's going ballistic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I was finally accepted as a transfer to a community college so that I can begin my studies in radiologic technology. As you can imagine it's my dream come true to get ready to spend years of my life in scrubs lifting smelly old ladies and men onto tables to photograph their broken hips. So considering I'm filled with joy to go and begin this journey it would only be right that the universe has to make it as difficult as possible. Congratulations, you're finally accepted- except you have to get a physical with no health insurance, and you have only two classes you really need to start the actual program but they're already full because everyone needs to take them and registration was over weeks ago. Enjoy!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Mark is going to get me a couch for Christmas which I actually find very inspired of him even if it is over his budget. I'm so excited to be done with this futon. Don't get me wrong, the futon has been good to us. The pad was Mark's for many years and even acted as our bed for awhile, the frame was found by my mother and so the futon cost us nothing and has been useful. But it's extremely uncomfortable. It has zero padding and quite frankly I've run out of large blankets to fold and stuff underneath the pad to mask the feeling of sitting on wood planks. Here's to couch shopping!

No comments: