Thursday, November 8, 2007

Babysitting Day


Well another Dia de Sophia arrived yesterday. Grandpa read, I watched, and Mark played! I just wasn't feeling my A game on Wednesday (weather? diet? typhoid medicine?) so I just observed as Uncle Mark worked to prove that he really was the RADDEST Uncle ever.

He brought two djembe drums to maybe play some baby beats but instead of loving the drumming Sophia decided her new fave game was to have the drum inverted and to drop a toy inside. She would look at Uncle Mark who would ask in a very excited voice "Where did it go?". He would suddenly find it, pull it out of the drum, tickle her head with it, and toss it across the room. At which point she would then go fetch it like a little human puppy. Which I guess technically she is. She insisted they play this game FOR HOURS. It was awesome. Especially since I didn't have to do it.

We were there for almost 10 hours. I'm a zombie today and I've had two cups of coffee back to back which never happens, so we'll see if I can make Mark go for a walk today. (It's cold! says the boy who so quickly becomes a Southern Californian again that 70 degrees is cause for cuddling up with a sweater and not even thinking of stepping foot outside)

Here is some great baby footage you might enjoy:

1 comment:

bffive said...

she's adorable!