Monday, August 25, 2008

A Tiny Heartache

A number of months ago Mark mentioned that he had lost some of the Colombia pictures permanently when a mistake was made while he was changing the operating system of his laptop. It wasn't until today, while trying to upload some pictures onto Facebook (new member!) that I realized some pictures I really like were some of the victims of his carelessness.

While he might become really pissed that I'm posting this I have to let it out. I'm like...really sad! I feel a little emptiness in my chest. There are some pictures that I really liked, that really sealed a memory in a little digital file. I don't know what else to say.

My only thought is that the phrase "Don't fix what's not broken" couldn't ring more true right now. Why change operating systems?! Why lose precious photos! My suffering in Colombia was wasted!

Sigh.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Digital sucks, dude. This wouldn't have happened if people still shot film! *waves old man cane at a group of youngsters*
Let's definitely meet up for a bite to eat soon. Seriously, we're like less than a 10 minute train ride away from one another.