Not much going on here. Mark's parents are coming this weekend and for some reason this has sent me into a spiral of panic. Probably because I usually keep an extremely neat apartment but this weekend I was hit with a pretty bad cold and a massive affliction of EVIL HORRIBLE NEIGHBOR and so I got very little rest and recovery time. Therefore my apartment is currently a mess. MESS.
We were at IKEA adding to our bookshelf collection when I felt the sore throat hit and I knew I was a goner. That night the aches and runny nose started just in time for the building next door to throw a massive and horribly noisy party in the alley behind my building which also happens to be where my bedroom window faces. The party was so bad that we called the cops three times. Two times through 311 and one time directly. By then it was 4 in the morning and someone from another building was flinging glass beer bottles down on the crowd. I hope they hit someone. You can live in the ghetto but even ghetto people will only put up with abusive noise for so long.
So I really shouldn't write too much because I feel the need to tidy up something. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone. I'm excited for the fall season of TV to premiere (I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed to watch TV only because I know I still read a lot). However I don't know when I'll actually be able to watch anything because Mark can't get any work done when the TV is on. And since I'm apparently the second-class citizen here, I turn it off.
Farewell for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment