Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Last Domino Falls

Oh...God...
Even though I went to PathMark by myself on Sunday and hauled 50 dollars worth of groceries home on my own Mark and I still opted to order "oven-baked" sandwiches from Dominos tonight. We just didn't want to have leftover spaghetti for a third time in a row and I wasn't going to cook anything else. Now I feel sick because, let's face it, that shit is greasy and evil.
What does this teach me? Well, I'm probably going to swear off Dominos. I can't remember the last time I ordered it and didn't regret it. Also, I really need to get a storage canister for uncooked pasta. I always cook the whole box because I don't want to store any unsealed food in my apartment. But then we end up with a pound of cooked spaghetti and we have to force ourselves to eat it as we really hate to throw away food (though it does happen, we're not perfect).

Luckily I'm still working out at PF. While I'm not ever going to be a supermodel I think my heart is glad to get a workout. I've been having shin issues and maybe a little boredom so I almost didn't go today but I forced myself over there. I try and burn about 250 calories on the more "intense" machines which makes me feel really happy. But this past three-day weekend probably made me feel more lethargic today instead of rejuvenated (even though I worked out 2 of the 3 days) and so I just strolled on the treadmill. I think I need some new workout music. That might help the motivation.

So this past weekend my parents met Mark's parents for the first time. It was strange for me because my parents had never met a partner's parents before. Of course I've never been engaged before either but that didn't make the nerves any less annoying. But I think it went quite well. They're not exactly going to be texting each other or calling each other to ask how the day went but I think if they're ever in the same room again (other than our currently non-existent wedding) that everything will be okie dokie.

So there.

1 comment:

bffive said...

i can pick you up a bitch ass pyrex tupperwareesque set ifin you'd like at BJ's Wholesale!