I can't say I totally, without a doubt, believe in it but sometimes when things work out (in my favor, I'm a fair weathered optimist) I think it truly is Destiny.
Here's what I'm all smiles about:
Back in May. As in last May when I moved to Vermilyea I was constantly walking by this little local shop. You know those trendy boutiques on 207th street that are totally overpriced but the closest thing we have to real fashion here in Inwood? (Though I am so far from fashionable) So one day last year, as I was all bald having recently buzzed my head, I peeped in the window and saw hats.
I'm obsessed with hats. I buy them constantly and then don't wear them. The last two years I've been really cracking down on myself. While I still indulge here and there I actually make myself wear them. Having bitter-cold winters helps.
Anyway. I loved this hat at first sight. But I refused to go in and spend money. I've been cracking down on that, too. Having a relationship with Mark helps.
But then one day I was feeling all Carpe Diem! and I went in and tried the hat. My sincere hope was that it would look really crappy on me and I'd move on. But it looked cute. I loved it. And I still didn't buy it. I couldn't deal with $40.
IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR.
For almost a freaking year I've stared at this $40 summer hat and wished it belonged to me. At one point it moved from the window and I was sad thinking someone else bought it and then it reappeared and I felt better. It still wasn't mine but it wasn't anyone else's either.
But now I'm moving and I won't be walking by this window constantly and it was sunny and my eyes were bothering me because I've stopped wearing contacts which means I've stopped wearing sunglasses and I'm trying to do little things to enjoy myself so I went into the store.
And I bought the hat.
And it was on sale.
And the label with the Designer's name?
It says Grace.
WHO IS ONLY MY BFF!
(even if she is only 5 yrs. old)
Destiny.
1 comment:
Let's see pictures of this predestined hat!
Post a Comment