Saturday, August 28, 2010

Where Was I?

I've read nine books this summer. I turned through them so quickly I never even updated my Reading Right Now section. I'm not bragging. I'm more like "wow, look at that" mixed in with "wow, I'd really like to have a job". Because while having all this free time is great having money is great too.

I am trying to get my job applying go get'em attitude back. Once I went out to California I went on "I'm gonna enjoy this summer if it's the last thing I do" mode. Which I did. I might have done it too well. I've gained six pounds this summer. And that's just the pounds I'm aware of/will admit to. So imagine the possibilities. Or more like horrendous truth.

But Mark is helping me and I'm trying to buy a lot more fresh produce and I haven't purchased a sour cream in a long time. And I'm trying to get to the gym again like I was doing before California/My Great Depression hit. I've even managed to jog/shuffle on the treadmill - juffle. It's a challenge because it puts more pressure on the ankle which doesn't like it but if I juffle on the edge of my foot and I put up the U2 on my ipod a little louder then I can ignore the burning pain shooting up to my knee and juffle along imagining more calories are being burned. So it's a work in progress.

So that's that: Reading. Eating baby heirloom tomatoes. Juffling. I went to go see Eat, Pray, Love. I read the book awhile ago while travelling through Colombia. I hated the book. I was annoyed with Elizabeth Gilbert and her whiny, entitled, fully funded, find-myself story. But watching Julia Roberts acting all entitled about her self-discovery was actually more enjoyable because once it's a movie it's all make-believe! That and I really wanted to see Inception but the next showing wasn't for another two hours and it was Imax and girlfriend is on a strict budget and can't afford it.

No comments: