Tuesday, September 21, 2010

High Class Hoarding

Frittata: The Next Step

I finally grabbed the bull by the horns and made this:
Photobucket

I got the recipe from the Williams Sonoma catalog that I am now on the mailing list for after using a gift card given to me by awesome parents at my former job which wasn't so awesome but seems awesome because it was during a time when I received paychecks-ya dig?
Anyway, it was tasty and it looks really pretty and I'm sure if you leave the sausage out it's a nice vegetarian option. I had become really comfortable making a simple spinach frittata and so I thought I was ready to try something a tad more elaborate. Mark's stomach approves. (and it actually did look like this when I was all done)

I DON'T LIKE
Did you see the Mad Men like two weeks ago? The one with the Don Draper voice over? I'm so not into it. He's 'journaling' or something. Maybe...I don't know. All I know is I don't want to hear it ever again. It really bothered me.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?
So Hoarders on A&E is sometimes awesome. Awesomely horrible. There was this one new episode about this family of four: Mom and Dad, ages 70 and 71. Daughter and Son, ages 38 and 39. They all live together in the home which just tells you something is off with the clan. I mean...you have kids living at home almost 40 years old and it's not like they were married then divorced or have fallen on tough economic times....they just never left.
So anyway, they live in absolute filth and they are a creepy, angry family who is very much not liking participating in Hoarders because their home is private! Dammit! Basically mom fell in the home and was pinned under stuff, firefighters were called in and when they saw the monstrosity of the home they were reported to city officials who said "Clean up or lose the home".
So basically the episode ends with a cleaned out home that is in such horrible disrepair the city condemns the house and they are forced to leave. BUT the point of the story is that during the show there are lots of camera shots that sweep through the home to give you an idea of the cluster f*ck of garbage that is heaped into these rooms.
So at one point angry, creepy dad is watching tv in his hideous recliner and he's watching....a flat screen tv. A FLAT SCREEN TV! I'm sorry. You live in a garbage heap. You have no running water (none, not even in the bathroom, just imagine), you have zero access to your kitchen, your ceiling has partially collapsed in numerous rooms but you have a flat screen. I don't have a flat screen. As a matter of fact it's offensive how large and boxy my tv is! What is wrong with this world.....

No comments: