Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Whole Lotta Nothing

My cold is starting to wane. Other than not being able to taste anything and not being able to tell how loud I'm talking due to clogged ears I'm feeling much better. If anything I'm being entertained by the fascinating world of mucus. So many colors and textures!

My new favorite thing is Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats. Of course I had fallen into the trap that most people find themselves in. Wow! Wheat-like cereal! I feel so healthy! Such fabulous fiber! This is such a healthy snack, I'm glad I picked up a bowl of this instead of a cookie! When in reality I'm eating bowls and bowls of kiddie cereal. Sure there is no fat but lots of calories and sugar. But I'm not going to let it get me down. I mean besides the fact that it's one of the only things to eat here (long story I'd rather share in person than be totally rude and explain in a blog), I really entertain myself with my method.

To me, everything is like eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. You have to have a way. So I pour myself some Mini-Wheat crack. I pour enough vanilla soy milk to cover it just to the tops of the crack nuggets. I settle into my seat. I must let every nugget get saturated and then I turn them over one by one to saturate the other side. Then I place every nugget frosted side up and I begin the evaluations. I examine the level of frosted-ness. I rank them. Then, after assuring that each one is saturated enough with soy milk (I'm not a soggy cereal fan, but I'm not into the crunchy either), I begin eating them from least frosted to most frosted. I always spot and designate "The Last One" which tends to be deliciously over-frosted and I keep my eye on it the entire time to make sure that the frosting doesn't get washed away by the milk and that I don't eat it by mistake which would ruin the entire experience and leave me sad and depressed.

This is how I've been entertaining myself in San Diego.

Now that I'm back in the country of clean mirrors and sufficient bathroom lighting I have officially confirmed that at some point in the past few months I did indeed chip a tooth. Totally minor and doesn't mess with the way my mouth looks (thank god because that funky crooked tooth would've been pissed that it wasn't the center of attention anymore) I can't stop rubbing the new rougher edge with my tongue. It's a totally annoying habit that also continues to officially confirm that I am as totally neurotic as my mother likes to tell me.

No comments: