So because Mark doesn't want a fat wife he's forced me to join Planet Fitness. They just opened a shiny, sterile location two blocks from my ghetto castle and so I could go there on my walk back from work everyday. Or I can walk the opposite direction to go walk my dog at my parent's house and somehow manage to never make it.
Not that I don't want to work out. It's more I just don't know where I'm going to put it in my schedule yet. I'm not a fan of waking up at 5am to work out before work and if I work out before walking the dog he'll have an accident. But if I work out after I walk the dog I'll probably be too hungry. So it's all up in the air but I've been a member for 4 days so far and I've managed to go a total of zero days. So that's that.
Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She turned [edited for author's safety]. In a truly clever moment my sister's boyfriend asked her "What's it like to turn 16?". I thought it was funny.
It was a slightly sad birthday for her because our precious old dog, Sabastian, was in the animal hospital. He's been sick for awhile and had a scary spell the night before so they rushed him over. There had been talk that he had a brain tumor but the scans turned out negative.
So technically that's great but it's very frustrating because they still have no idea what's wrong with him. I think he might be having seizures but I only hear about his spells. I'm never there when they happen. So we're hoping he comes home soon because I'm sure he's pretty miserable over there and we're miserable and worried over here.
In general though it was a rough night for pets in my family. Hours before my dog was rushed to the animal hospital my parakeet, Claudia, became impaled on a paper clip. Please don't ask how the paper clip came to be in her cage. All I can say is it had been there for 3 months without incident and then suddenly there is a parakeet skewered onto it.
Mark had to slide her off of it as it was through her throat and out of her mouth. It was pretty upsetting to watch her bleed all over the place. You realize how tiny they are and how there is so little you can do for them. Luckily she's got moxie and she seems to be doing okay. We prayed hard that she'd still be alive the next morning and she was. We drenched her in hydrogen peroxide and water and she's eating, climbing around, pecking at Vinnie, and in general seems to be in good spirits.
Oh, did I mention that for my mom's birthday I decided to make a Mississippi Mud Pie for her. It was quite a success because apparently my mom loves mud pie. She gasped in delight and I felt very proud. It was all hand made, including the crust and it was so decadent I'm pretty sure we all had mini heart attacks last night. But as I ate my chocolately, creamy slice I thought to myself 'it's okay, I have a gym membership.'
No comments:
Post a Comment