So I made this bacon and cheese quiche. I also made the crust from scratch. No store-bought pie crusts for me. So the edges are all a little wacky but they were made with love.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Food
I'm not going to be The Pioneer Woman or anything (she's the bee's knees by the way) but I take pictures of the food I cook when I'm super thrilled about it. So Mark has all these pics floating around on one of his many laptops- they're like leather bound books to him -and I've decided to just start posting them. So be prepared. You should probably know now that I do a lot of egg dishes 'round here.
This was my first quiche ever. Strangely enough I got the recipe from The American Girls Julie cookbook. Yes, like the dolls. One of my students left the book in her cubbie and I fell in love with the pictures and the little historical tidbits about food in the 70s. Apparently Americans thought foods from France were groovy so quiche and fondue really took off.
So I made this bacon and cheese quiche. I also made the crust from scratch. No store-bought pie crusts for me. So the edges are all a little wacky but they were made with love.
This one was called Sour Cream Oven Omelet. It was pretty weird. I liked the way the finish product looked but I don't think the taste and texture was anything to write home about. As a matter of fact it was insanely fluffy. Cutting into it was like, hmmm, I don't know, angel food cake? Or a meringue? I'm not sure but here it is! I think I just liked the pic and baking it in the skillet.
So I made this bacon and cheese quiche. I also made the crust from scratch. No store-bought pie crusts for me. So the edges are all a little wacky but they were made with love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so the bottom one looks a lot like something's sam's ma makes except her's is a dessert thang with apples. it's one of my favorite desserts! if i can get the recipe, i'll send it to you!
Post a Comment