Friday, February 12, 2010

A Week Off

I should feel relaxed. HA!
I have the next week off but I've been methodically filling it up to keep myself busy. Whenever I have a few days off I have these hallucinations that I'm going to be busy and exciting but then I sit around in dirty sweats and go back to work all depressed. Not this time!

Saturday I'm going to look at an apartment in the morn. It's in Washington Heights, not Inwood, and that gives me heartburn even though it really doesn't matter (does it?). Then in the evening Mark is having a gathering of Teaching Fellows at our place. I'm all nervous that no one will show up and we'll just feel more lonely and isolated. So if you're reading this and you're nearby you're invited regardless of profession. Saturday, the 13th. Our place. I'm making Mexican black bean dip, baking focaccia, and possibly a spiced chai cake. Feel free to bring your favorite drink.

Sunday. Well in the evening I finally get to use my tickets to the NY Flamenco Festival. I'm muy excited. Monday, more apartments with a realtor (ick). Tuesday, a tour of the Institute of Culinary Education. Wednesday afternoon, a Swedish massage.
You get the picture.

But I'm stressed because I'm gonna end up paying rent for two apartments at one time. I can sense it. And I'm gonna be freaked out about handling tuition for ICE. I really should just go with it. And sometimes I can tell myself to chill. To remind myself of my college slogan 'go with the flow'. I was actually a pretty calm person in college.

1 comment:

bffive said...

you can take out loans, yeah? that's what I did and it was nothing to stress about at all. in fact, I kept all my receipts for books and traveling to school and gave em to my tax person and would get a fat return each year. :-)