Then as I approached page 23 I realized it wasn't there. Nor was page 27, 35, 51. A few here and there in the beginning of the binding. I was shocked and annoyed. I've had this book on my shelf for going on 2 years now. So there is no hope of just returning it. I was pissed off by a lack of assistance from Barnes and Noble though not surprised. I remember them being fairly uncaring back when I worked for them. Basically I need Diana to help me because she's the Queen of Schemes.
I've had this whole week off and it's been glorious. I've kept myself busy for most of it. And by busy I mean I've had at least one task for each day which is apparently all I need to feel accomplished.
I took a tour of a culinary school. I don't know if it really put a fire under me, since taking a massive loan to pay for it will take some sort of miracle for me to just bite the bullet and do it. But at least I got the tour out of the way and can get some of the mystery out of my mind.
We applied for a new apartment on Tuesday afternoon and still haven't heard anything. Which of course leaves me in a panic. But I haven't persisted in looking at other places because what point is there? If I find another suitable place, it's not as if I'll put in an application while I have another application floating out there somewhere. Well I'm getting all agitated just thinking of it so I'll stop there.
No comments:
Post a Comment