The time has come for me to fly to California. Our big 2010 "Tour" as we will visit both Northern and Southern parts. Hip-Hip Hooray? I'm going to do my best to not let what waits for me at home to mess up my attitude while I'm away.
It will be hard.
Of course the biggest item to tackle was to decide what to bring to read. I checked out a bunch of books from the library but didn't love them so returned them. Then I tried a book I already owned but don't like it (was a freebie) so I'm going to get rid of it. So I ended up back at the library and decided that maybe what I need is a nice dose of Young Adult. They're so much different than when I was a young adult (Dear God! I'm not a young adult. I might vomit.)
Didn't Young Adult use to mean Ramona Quimbly and Fear Street and anything R.L. Stine? Remember that guy? Now they have New York Times bestselling authors and fancy cover design and for the love of god, Twilight is "Young Adult" and look at the millions of dollars there.
So for my vacation reading I'm going to read the voice of a 16-year-old protagonist and pretend like I know what it's like to grow up in suburbia (nope) what it was like during my first teen love (didn't happen, I was fat(ter)), and imagine, perhaps, being the child of a divorced couple (which I'm not, even though my parents can't stand each other.)
Happy Summer Reading!
3 comments:
Ahh you just made my Monday! Thank you......Rick
read "Slumdog Millionaire" previously published as "Q&A" it's almost nothing like the movie but is just as enjoyable. I just finished it a little while back. The same thing is true with "Forrest Gump" More similarities to the movie but a lot of different amazing bits. sign up to www.goodreads.com by the way to help track your past reads.
ooh, and i just found this link. Haven't really checked it out, but sounds like a neat idea instead of reading reviews. http://www.booktrailersforreaders.com/
Post a Comment