Monday, July 5, 2010

Melting

Hope you had a nice 4th.

I made Mark sit all day in a North Jersey backyard while I marinated in an above-ground pool filled with Puerto Ricans and a sprinkling of Italians. It was actually perfect. It was refreshing and sorta fun, considering the alternative was sitting on my futon developing swamp ass and probably getting into a fight with Mark as we would have been hot and grumpy.

We checked out the fireworks from a Penthouse view in Chinatown where we did end up getting into a fight but somehow composed ourselves and I think overall the day was a success! And I didn't have to worry about my birds because they had been taken over to Grandma's place to be kept cool in the AC. What a nice Grandma.

On Monday we hit up Midtown for some sales. Here's a bullet point presentation of the day:
-Mark updated t-shirt wardrobe.
-I updated bra collection.
-My boobs are bigger than originally thought. I'm not necessarily ashamed of this. It will actually benefit me when I start turning tricks to pay the rent.
-Ghetto People will talk about anything in a dressing room. It's almost disturbing.
Conversation 1:
Dressing room attendant talking about a recent experience in court and how someone's wages are being taken for child support back payments and how you can write letters to explain to the judge that you're losing too much money and blah, blah, blah..
Conversation 2:
Girl 1 talking to Girl 2 about how she met her boyfriend's recently-born baby. And how she swears it wasn't his son because he don't look nothing like him and so the only thing she could think to say was "Wow, he has your smile." Only two weeks later he was talking to her and said "This may make me sound like an asshole but I don't think it's my kid." And other really gross personal shit that doesn't need to be announced to a dressing room. But when it's mentioned that someone wants to go to the pool at Highbridge Park the response is "Nah man, that place is so fucking ghetto." OOOOOkay.

But all in all it was a busy day. I should enjoy this little shopping spree because at the end of July we're heading out for our "California Tour" and that's gonna really stress out the piggy bank and then it's gonna get ugly from there. So wish me luck. And like...for real...keep an ear to the ground for jobs! Otherwise I won't leave the house much and you'll just end up with boring posts like this one.

No comments: