Today has been sort of a cooking day for me. It's my Saturday and it's the one day Mark and I have off together so we usually make a big breakfast. I attempted to call The Mom to confirm my suspicions on how to make french toast. However she was apparently unavailable so I went in blind. And man, blind is tasty. After a couple of eggs, some heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and brown shuga I served up some tasty toast with scrambled eggs. Mark finished making the coffee on one of our still surviving french presses ( I think I see a theme! )and we feasted.
Dinner however has been another story. On may way home from my spin class, sweaty and stinky, I stopped at the fancy meat store because fancy meat tastes good and alas, it was closed. So while I went home to start blending some sofrito for the arroz, I sent Mark across the street to buy some not-as-fancy pork chops. Things are going good right?
I open our rice container only to discover a self sustaining ecosystem of flying bugs, spider webs, and oh yeah...rice.
So then it was my turn to run across the street to get the rice as I left the hombre to do some pepper chopping. I was back in a jiffy and we started dinner.....and we wait....and we wait...and now it's 8:36 at night, I'm ravenous because I actually raised my heart rate today and dinner, or more like this ridiculous rice, is still not ready. So here I am just letting you know...if you ever want to come over, I'd be happy to cook for you, just bring a snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment