Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Letter

I wanted to take a moment and share with you the letter I'm sending to the landlord along with our rent for September. In a strange way I'm proud of it. Probably because in a discussion with a co-worker it was described as 'polite but pissed'. Essentially I'm just annoyed and wanted to let someone know. That and I'm pretty bored. Anyway, here it is:

August 26, 2007

Dear Management of 970 Glorene Avenue,

I would like to take a moment to inform you of a minor yet highly frustrating incident that occurred on the evening of August 23rd. We had a guest unexpectedly drop in for a brief moment. Our guest had parked in what appeared to him in an unmarked, vacant parking space. Said parking space did turn out to be the space frequented by the Subaru Forester belonging to the man (as I am uncomfortable referring to him as ‘gentleman’) who lives in the single home.

As our guest was departing, taking a moment in front of our door, the man happened to arrive. He half-stepped out of his Subaru and rudely yelled out to our guest “Is that your truck?” Our guest, being a guest, politely replied, “Yes” to which the man rudely (again) told him to move it.

Now as I have resided here since May I am fully aware the residents of ‘The Village’ apartments have ‘their spaces’ as I too am guilty of enjoying parking in the same parking space everyday. However, I am also fully aware that upon signing the lease with Kimberly we were told that minus the spots marked A,B,C, & D, no spaces were officially assigned.

I suggest two possible outcomes:

1. Someone please remind the Subaru’s owner (who on frequent occasions parks his 2 vehicles crooked taking 3 spaces. That means 3 spaces, 2 cars, 1 person) to the fact that nothing is officially assigned and scolding or yelling at people is highly inappropriate. Especially when the people getting yelled at are guests of tenants who pay their fair share of rent each month.

Or

2. The Management purchase some spray paint and either assign all the parking spaces in the lot or at least clearly mark what can be considered guest spaces and distribute a letter to that fact.

Thank you kindly,


Jamie
Resident

I signed my full name of course, just took it off for the blog. I mean, it's going in with our rent check so I'm obviously not worried that they'll figure out who wrote it. No way...I want to be a known rebel! You know the "I-hate-suburbia-and-I'm-starting-to-get-over-Northern-California-rebel".

No comments: