So today is the end of Day One. We left San Diego at about 10:30 after I took my sweet time taking a walk, showering in water pressure so low it's like being spit on, and having left over Chicken Tikka Masala for breakfast.
Immediately the ride was stressful.
Over the past few months I've fallen massively in crush with Vinnie the Parrot. After thoroughly watching him being mistreated, ignored, malnourished and other stuff I decided that we were going to bring him with us. We were going to give Vinnie a life of love and patience. We shoved his cage in between the seats in the cab and we were on our way. Vinnie FREAKED OUT.
He was so scared and frightened, having never been transported before or at least not in over 20 years that he lost his shit. Literally. The bird had birdie diarrhea, was screaming, was desperately trying to get out of his cage. His pupils expanded and never changed back and he literally just sat there in birdie shock. It was horrible. I was certain he was going to die. I started to cry because if he did die it would be terrible and it would be all my fault. And I would have to watch it all happen.
Well alas, we arrived in Sun City, AZ to spend the night at the home of Mark's aunt. While still easily agitated Vinnie seems at least able to snap out of his bird trauma and enjoy some seed, groom some feathers, and chirp a bit. We'll have to take our time across the US now because when Vinnie gets extremely worked up and can't calm down we'll have to stop at a rest stop and let him get his bearings once again.
On a positive note, it's nice to know I can pee almost as often as I want and all I have to do is blame it on the poor little traumatized bird.
1 comment:
Why not put one of those covers over the cage? Like you do at night so the bird sleeps.
Post a Comment