Friday, April 25, 2008

Shopping Therapy Might Lead to Therapy

So even though I am still unemployed (cue screaming, panicking, hyperventilating) I like to think that one day I'm actually going to get an interview with a prospective employer. But getting that interview means I'll have to actually dress for it. I currently own only one pair of pants that are appropriate (thanks fat genes!) and so I'm desperate to find a pair of black pants. Not only will they give me one other option when dressing for the interview but it will give me something to wear when I actually have to go to work.

Today, after applying to yet another job I will probably never hear from, I headed up to the Cross County Mall with Mom to try some clothes on. I have never tried on so many black pants in my life! Did I get any? NO. I'm either too short or too wide. (no...really...thanks fat genes!, love you metabolism) So I went to oldnavy.com and decided to risk the shipping charge and clicked on some black pants that were on sale and I'm hoping for the best.

But since we're on the subject of Old Navy, has anyone walked into one lately? Holy Hey Zeus. A f'ing bomb has gone off in every single Old Navy. I mean...Old Navy is cursed to be one of those stores where hundreds of people walk in all day and unfold t-shirts they are never going to buy and then don't even pretend like they are going to semi fold it back up. So yeah, a messy t-shirt table should be expected. But the past few Old Navy stores I've visited, on different coasts, have been a disaster. It's like Christmas is here and everyone quit except for the one guy who is stuck in the dressing room. It's not even messy. It's borderline gross. You can't buy anything in there without thinking about the 79 people who probably stepped on it that day. So there.

So as for a social update: I have no social life. That said, me and my wide ass are heading to the Go Green Expo at the Hilton on Saturday morning. I'm interested in seeing what is going to be there, what I can get for free, and stalking Mark as he sells organic coconut oil soap for a crazy, crazy man who Mark hopes he never has to see again after this weekend. If you're in Midtown bright and early (well...kinda bright and early) and you have $10 you wanna burn maybe we can hang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not happy with this posting. First of all, you know I work for Gap Inc, so don't talk trash. Second, I think you are beautiful, and am sick of this fat talk. You know who I am.

Adam said...

Sorry to hear about your clothing woes Matias. I have the same problem. I blame my thick German ancestry. Damn you Leykamm/Bauerlein families!